Friday, June 19, 2009

My Daddy My Father

I have come to this blog spot more than one time today with the earnest attempt to blog about Father's Day, but I am finding it more than difficult.
When I think that both my Dads have passed, I weep, uncontrollably.
I know that one day I will be able to understand the loss.
That I will be able to enjoy them as if they were still sitting in their filty but favorite chairs watching the 6 o'clock news. I will laugh at the meals they ate, steak and rice vs. chicken and potatoes.
I will smell the scent of stale Old Spice and my senses will be awakened for that probably was one of the Christmas gifts I bought with my hard earned allowance money.
I will smile when I think of the both of them, clad in a stained white T shirt and jeans or Dockers, strutting over to the lawn mower to fill it with gas. Too cheap ( or way too frugal!) to buy a new one, they would fanagle some switch on it to make it start. I wlll think about all the dogs who loved them. Their fierce (soft) deep voices, their silly laughs and GOD please forgive them for all the name calling of **^&%$#@@*"s and monkeys!
I will grow wiser when I stop to think about how they built their finacial kingdoms.
I will stand up tall, at attention at just the thought of the authority they held.
"Yes, sir!" I will say in my heart when I think of them.
I will cry at the long road between my then, husband and I,
I will Thank GOD for blessing us (my family in particular) for such great men.
Great men who provided, loved, nurished , tolerated and still mean everything, every day to us all.
Like my Father in Heaven;
I want to thank all the Dads in my Life.
You mean more to me than I think you ever knew.
Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment