Thursday, June 18, 2009



Its 3pm and it's still raining.

There is a distinct stillness that fills the Lobby.

Every once in a while someone will tiptoe through hand over their mouth to cover a huge yawn.

The phone is quiet and the room is dark.

My desk houses a communal snack bowl that on a normal sunny day doesn't last til 10 am. It stands alone; York Peppermint (patties) crying out to KitKat for a Kiss...

I love the rain. In my old age I seem to have forgotten the MOON and taken up with the rain. It has such a cleansing effect on me. It is soothing and clean. If it were just a little warmer I could fantasize running nakedly thru the woods, streams of water rolling gently down my backside.

The wading pond in the front of the building was emptied last week so it could be treated, but after today, enough water is in there to turn over my kayak.

There is probably 0% visibility right now.

My front door is a total ceiling to floor window giving me the most magnificent view. The raindrops dance to the music of the wind. The green leaves are drooping, weeping willows cry out in to the grey skies. There are soft hues of yellows, pinks and purples under the silver shadowed sheet of raindrops. These colors are the inpatients spread between the hemlocks, hydrangea, and chrysanthemum bushes.

From my desk you can see the road. The cars creep slowly onto the highway, which by now is a perpetual parking lot.

They say the rain will continue on thru Tuesday. I have a host of music events to attend this weekend. I guess I will have to commandeer a tent or find that huge golf umbrella we used to have. Whatever the case, I will sing loud and come back on Monday renewed and refreshed and hopefully MGM will grant me the payoff to all the quarters I have ever shared in their slot machines!

In the meantime, take care and have fun in whatever weather we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment