Tuesday, June 16, 2009

BAGGAGE

Hey everybody! Good morning!
I am blessed to have two Moms.
My California Mom sent me this great email this morning which led me to thinking about DESIGNERS;
particularly the makers of handbags, clutches and the like.
I was thinking how we will go to all ends to get a "knock-off"; paying way too much for the dang fake, carrying it like it is real, sporting the thing like it is some kind of idol.
Or better yet, we purchase the REAL item and that's just for status, basically.
It's for show, (key word: show), to convince folk we have the money or can afford it, or to show we know the designer's place in society,
(cause we travel in those circles) or maybe to just boost our own ego.
But alongside of these same ideas I was thinking about my walk with Jesus.
Are we loving Him for the right reasons?
Is our purpose in Life for Him? or us.
Do we really have an Intimate Relationship or is this just a pass to keep from going straight to Hell?
Like that Gucci bag held tightly to your side, could it be just the right item needed to get you in the club?
Is its flashy signature emblem waving in the light just as assuming as HALLELUJAH from the top of your lungs?
I wonder, even tho my walk is close to Him in my heart, do I sometimes appear(on the outside ) like the fake leather I spoke of above?
Recently my decisions have been harder and harder to make.
I am told, because I am growing wiser in the Lord, right and wrong are becoming even more defined.
I want to be Christ-like all the time, but today, that is not yet in place.
I'm continually praying with this regard.
The Holy Spirit is awesome tho, as just this morning I was reminded that GOD is a forgiving GOD. That we are His children, who like our own, we make mistakes. It is important for us to know He may chastise us as needed, but He loves us unconditionally too.
(Check out Lamentations, chapter 3.)
Which brings me back to the email.....
The email reads:
YOU PUT THE DEVIL OUT, BUT DID YOU LET HIM LEAVE HIS BAGS?
So often we are mislead by the things we are dealing with on this journey in Life. We discount many a blessing. We miss the small things, the unexpected joys (UTs). We dwelve so deep, and cover ourselves in the minutia we miss what's real, and important.
Like the email states, we only do half the required sometimes.
Which unbenounced to us leaves us missing out on half the blessing by way of worry or doubt!.
I was listening to my radio station this morning and the subject lies in
Psalm 130, GOD is always there for us; Joy comes in the morning.
We call on the Lord for strength and direction, receive it but then sometimes forget to continue to let the Lord do the remainder of His work.
I have copied and pasted the email for your enjoyment.
Trust the Lord and leave the baggage behind.
...thank you Nonnie for sharing!

YOU PUT THE DEVIL OUT, BUT DID YOU LET HIM LEAVE HIS BAGS?
You got out of a bad relationship because it was bad, but you are still resentful and angry (you let the devil leave his bags)
You got out of financial debt, but you still can't control the desire to spend on frivolous things (you let the devil leave his bags)
You got out of a bad habit or addiction, but you still long to try it just one more time (you let the devil leave his bags)
You said, I forgive you, but you can't seem to forget and have peace with that person (you let the devil leave his bags)
You told your unequally yoked mate that it was over, but you still continue to call (you let the devil leave his bags)
You got out of that horribly oppressive job, but you are still trying to sabotage the company after you've left (you let the devil leave his bags)
You cut off the affair with that married man/woman, but you still lust after him/her (you let the devil leave his bags)
You broke off your relationship with that hurtful, abusive person, but you are suspicious and distrusting of every new person you meet (you let the devil leave his bags)

You decided to let go of the past hurts from growing up in an unstable environment, yet you believe you are unworthy of love from others and you refuse to get attached to anyone (you let the devil leave his bags)
When you put the devil out, please make sure he takes his bags!

HAPPINESS KEEPS YOU SWEET,
TRIALS KEEP YOU STRONG, AND SORROWS KEEP YOU HUMAN,
FAILURES KEEP YOU HUMBLE,
SUCCESS KEEPS YOU GLOWING,
BUT ONLY GOD KEEPS YOU GOING!



No comments:

Post a Comment