Monday, June 15, 2009

Wait on the Lord

Happy Monday everyone!
It is 9am here.
I am at my workplace doing my daily routine and the computer refuses to serve me kindly this morning.
It's ok tho~
I'l just wait on the Lord.
O Lord, hear my voice!
Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my pleas for mercy!
-Psalm 130
O.K. that worked...

I am quite excited this morning!
I am having labor pains; pseudo labor pains as The Boy would say.
You see, it was 21 years ago we moved one more time and in the celebration of it all, well, yup...Malcolm was created.
He would be our last child and after even going thru this rite of passage with the other two kids, this time, for me, it is bittersweet.
Where did the time go?
Today, he has become an adult man according to society.
Again, I will have to wait on the Lord; asking Him to Comfort me and my emotions with this particular part of my journey.
I think his Dad refers to this as THE EMPTY NEST(er).

I had the pleasure of spending quality time with my daughter this weekend.
We spoke of many things, but the one conversation which sticks out in my mind was on becoming a woman.
What determines , warrants or decides what a real "woman" is?
And in the light of that thought I wondered is that true for men too?
My boys have always been "men "to me. Whether little "men" or "big" men, dependant upon what age they were... they have always been as big and strong, rough and tough as was required, to be a man in my opinion.
They have all the components.
So while I am proud of his accomplishments
and know he has grown into this wonderful individual, he has grown to be this fine young man; I will miss our BABY.
Love your family as much as you can, time passes quickly and they become old before you can blink an eye.
Happy Birthday Malcolm!
Congrats, Dad.
It's a boy.
Great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment