Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Sanctuary


Ked said I should add pix to my blog.
Malc said he would show me how to.
but, I did it myself!
This is at 3:30 EST in my sanctuary in the back parking lot at work.
My sanctuary is every bit of the word.
It is so serene.
It's greenery glistens amongst the blue skies.
The raindrops melt slowly into the stream which runs behind a retaining wall deep amongst the vines and tree trunks which intertwine each other. There is a soft smell of pine and sometimes of lavender. The bed of wildflowers create a soft rug beneath my feet. The rocks create a fortress. I love the shapes and colors of the rocks. Sometimes I find myself touching them, escaping quickly right into the deep colors and textures. If you know me, you know I liken myself to the trees.
Their strength so clearly evident the branches seem to reach the clouds and sway with a calming rhythm gently back and forth. A song of peace to me.
I went to the sanctuary this afternoon for prayer.
There, I found an abundance of sensational beauty.
It was like GOD gave me all the colors of the rainbow to soothe me.
He gave me all the textures to awaken my Spirit.
Kinda like to roughen me up, like sandpaper.
As to "prime" me for whatever picture comes next in my journal of Life...
What an Almighty Creator He is.

2 comments:

  1. you love your nooks and hideouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! I like that picture too. I feel very close to you. Instead of the picture I see your face looking at the tree etc. Even if I didn't know that you took this, if someone showed me, I'd know it was you who did it. Weird eh?

    ReplyDelete