Friday, June 19, 2009

Stars

This is a little something I came across in my Journey.
I thought I would share it with you all.
It reminds me of soooo much.
Especially of when I was little.
Take some time and share the romance .
When the stars are out, choose the first star your eye catches sight of (selecting is taboo!) and say the following verse: 'Star light, star bright, First star I've seen tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight.' Make your wish. A wish made on the 'first star' should never be told to anyone or it won't come true.
(United States)

A lesser-known version is to select a star, say 'Last star I'll see tonight,' wish, and then close your eyes and turn away, making sure you don't see any more stars that night.

A variation of the above 'first star' chant is that after making your wish you must turn around three times, touch a tree, find another star, and then look back at the 'first star' you wished on so that your wish will be answered.(Connecticut and New York)

When you see the first star at night, make a wish and say:
'I see specks, specks see me,I'll see somebody tomorrowI don't expect to see.'
Look fixedly at the brightest star, wink three times, wish to dream that night of the person you will marry and go right to bed.

(United States)

Count nine stars for nine nights in a row, each night reciting out loud as you count:
'One, two, three, four,five, six, seven, eight, nine;Wish be mine.'
Then make your wish.

On the last night say, 'And so should it be.'

No comments:

Post a Comment