Thursday, October 01, 2009

Dedicated to 2040

NEWSFLASH!
UNFORTUNATELY, EVERYTING CAN NOT BE DONE AS PLANNED!
YOU ARE NOT IN CONTROL.

Life is not ours; but GOD's own.
We are only here to live it, and faithfully, as He so shows us through His Word.
~mamma '09

There are three great events in our lives: birth, life and death.
Of birth we have no conscience; with death, we suffer; and, concerning life, we forget to live it.
~Jean de La Bruyère, 1645-1596, French moralist

When you don’t have any money, the problem is food.
When you have money, it’s sex.
When you have both, is health.
~J. P. Donleavy, American writer, A Fairy Tale of New York
Hmmmmm...
I FEEL GOOD ~James Brown

Experience is the name so many people give to their mistakes. ~Oscar Wilde, 1854-1900

Happiness is good health and a bad memory.
Attributed to Ingrid Bergman, 1917-1982, Swedish actress

Life is a cabaret old chum, come to the cabaret!

What good is sitting alone in your room
Come hear the music play
Life is a cabaret, old chum, Come to the cabaret.
Put down the knitting,
the book and the broom
It's time for a holiday
Life is a cabaret, old chum Come to the cabaret.
Come taste the wine,
come hear the band
Come blow your horn, start celebrating
Right this way, your table's waiting.
What good's permitting some prophet of doom
To wipe every smile away
Life is a cabaret, old chum So come to the cabaret.
I used to have a girlfriend known as Elsie
With whom I shared four sordid rooms in Chelsea
She wasn't what you'd call a blushing flower
As a matter of fact she rented by the hour.
The day she died the neighbours came to snicker
Well that's what comes from too much pills and liquor
But when I saw her laid out like a queen
She was the happiest corpse I'd ever seen.
I think of Elsie to this very day
I remember how she'd turn to me and say:
What good is sitting all alone in your room
Come hear the music play
Life is a cabaret, old chum Come to the cabaret.
And as for me, and as for me
I made my mind up back in Chelsea
When I go I am going like Elsie.
Start by admitting from cradle to tomb
It isn't that long a stay
Life is a cabaret, old chum
It's only a cabaret old chum
And I love a cabaret.

No comments:

Post a Comment