Wednesday, June 10, 2009

WIKIPEDIA says:
In its goals, form and equipment, shuffleboard shares various features with (and perhaps influences by or upon) many other games, including air hockey, bowls, bocce, curling, croquet, carrom and billiards.
Shuffleboard seems to be the game of the week for me.
Comparing all the similarities of these specific group of activities, to all that is currently going on in my Life, I feel a like "shuffle off to Buffalo" might be in order.
A little music and a one, two, three...
A kinda mod podge of events are being tossed around lately.
The events seem to s l i d e gently through this journey we call Life.
The players, my family and friends.
Sometimes I imagine a cool summers evening, a full bright energetic yellow MOON, hovering over the waves, waves that rock just enough to keep the rhythm of the boat with a romantic feel.
The gathering of all those loved in one place.
The perfect combination of family and friends, conversation, a cool drink with a view of the coconut tree in the distance...
I would liken air hockey to the elated feelings of joy that surround my inner most being. I feel like I am on cloud 9. The ~~~whoosh ***of feeling free.
The quickness. Complete. The precision that it takes to fly that puck across the board! is all and every bit equal to the excitement I will endure when the ink dries on my son's new car loan. Yup, a car loan. Yes, it will be a new journey. But it will develop discipline, responsibility, maturity and patience to say the least.
And like bowling, it is not always an automatic strike every time.
Bocce and croquet require skill. It can get quite interesting when players have sufficient control over the bocce ball to throw or roll it accurately. I have been blessed to have order in my Life (now). It has just been of late that I am able to control my thoughts and emotions. Like the bocce player I can roll what is thrown my way to the left or right, or which ever direction I need, to to clear the Path.
Curling, in this particular entry, will be represented as REST, and is what I (try) to do at the end of each day. Whether rolled up tightly in my down comforter, or spread out sideways on my Queen size bed, curling only requires you do it. This procedure brings oneself into a state of meditation/prayer, relaxation, peace and to a place with Your Higher Being. This isn't always easy. But with Black Eyed Pea woofing and barking a cry of love and companionship (Black Eyed Pea is Jack's stuffed counterpart. Jack is; The Dog.) things seem to fall into place in due time.
Carrom stems from way back.
When royalty was the only one who was allowed to partake in this game.
A carrom-man (also carrom man, carromman, carroman; plural -men; sometimes abbreviated c/m; and known by colloquial terms such as seed, coin, puck, or goti) is used to keep track of the score.
This brings me back to NO SEED, NO LIFE.
Make that effort to gain your momentum to move forward.
To reach your goal.
Score.
To Learn is to Earn.
The "seed" used in this game is also known as the Queen.
Sparkling red or pink in color, it is the main featured gamepiece.
I am Queen.
Kelly, you are a Queen too...
I am an Heir.
Rich in His Love.
Rooted in His Word.
I stand over the table of Life with my cue stick ready to pop that number 8 ball into its proper pocket and make the win.
A Minnesota Fats kinda approach.
After all, Life is a game.
Jesus is our Coach.
Play hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment