Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Diamond in the back, sunroof top...
I wonder if that played any part in the decision making to AirForceSix.
"Mazda6", he said to me.
My eyes began to well, my hands to shake as I held the phone to my ear.
"Mom, I got a loan."
A loan?
I reminisced back to the years past when I lived in California.
A time when this young man was no where in the airwaves of our thoughts.
A era of youthful, carefree times...
It was then that I was the entrepreneur I only wished I could be today.
Risk taker, joy maker, I was unstoppable.
Now, my 21 -to- be year old was buying his new car.
Where had the time gone?
Thinking our conversation thru one more time, I realized this was not his FIRST car.
However, this was his first loan.
Big difference.
Unlike the paid in cash trusted Camry, the Mazda now ranks somewhere between blue and money green.
There is so much to be said about doing things on your own.
About completing a task.
Last night, I came home from work earlier than usual, exhausted from a prior week of meetings and greetings, lunch and dinner dates, and lots of traveling up and down the highway.
In spite of my efforts to get in the shower and go straight to bed, I took on a task.
There is a pile of oddly colored fabrics, pinned hems, notions of all sorts and a list of things "to do" in my pantry..
I finished the list last night.
I hemmed my little black dress two inches shorter.
I ironed on my Earth Day patch to the inner right thigh of my Daddy's worn out Cloroxed, faded, wHOLY (hehehe) pardon the pun, painted jeans.
I sat faithfully for about 30 minutes on the couch while I gazed a TV and counted the stitches to a crocheted piece that needed mending.
I ironed again.
I distributed the scissors, thimbles, tape measures and straight pins, sewing needles the like neatly into the new sewing box I acquired from my Mom.
Some of the buttons belonging to my greatgrandmother Imogene.
By 10:30pm I was done.
Not only finished completed done, but fried.
But the list was complete.
I used to get tickled when Malc checked off things on his LIST.
Sometimes I would get peturbed, for I had no such list, which lent me to practically no organizational skills.
We have been put to the test today with the insurance company vs. patience, keeping in the true meaning of obedience and trusting GOD.
But I think by now, another task has been completed.
We are insured.
In this case, there may not be a "diamond in the back" so much as there is a diamond in the rough going on here.
We have three shining stars, these children of ours.
I am in Heaven with it all.

1 comment:

  1. The list is useful! Even God gave us a list! AND! You love those jeans, can I have em after you?

    ReplyDelete