Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Staircases and New Places

Good morning folks!
We celebrated Tyler's birthday yesterday!
And yesterday still sits gently on my heart even tho the day has passed and we are onto something new.
However, I am now truly convinced there is a stairway to Heaven.
I believe we all start at the base of the staircase and with certain achievements/realizations/Intimate Exchanges with God, to name a few...we advance one stair, and sometimes, maybe a whole flight of stairs.
Everyone is different, to say the least.
***(I am told repeatedly that I speak metaphorically, so open your mind and loosen your imagination).***
It was 5 years ago that our youngest grandson was born into this wonderful family. For at least 7 of his incubation months he was known as "Sarah".
We banked on this baby girl. We primed each other for what "she" would be like; we gave consideration to the fact the Mother is a Princess (and I am Queen!). We warned each other that she would take on the position of both the baby and the only girl; there was a lot to talk about.
But we were surprised in many ways.
Not only was he a boy, he was a miraculous delivery.
A birth I never will forget.
Having never experienced the wonderment of childbirth personally, at least while being awake, (I am the C-section Queen) I am totally with thanksgiving for being able to be not only present during his birth but to partake.
So there is a very spiritual connection between Tyler and I to this very day.
At 3:53 pm I called to wish him Happy Birthday.
My traditional high-pitched "Hi sweetie" rang louder than usual.
My eyes welled up and my mind raced, remembering that on this very day, 5 years earlier, he entered the Universe. I cringed at the fact our younger son had just turned 21 and now the baby Grandson was 5.
He answered the cell phone like he owned a phone of his own; speaking clearly and definitely with excitement.
"Happy Birthday, Ty! I love you!" rolled out of my heart and off my tongue.
"Mimi", he roars.
"I got presents; I'm 5 now."
He speaks with a proud voice and is truly convinced 5 is a good thing.
There is a moment of silence but I can hear him thinking.
"GP gots a fishin' pole", he explains.
For some reason, unknown, at that split second pyrotechnics were created in my mind. Bursting into the colors of dreams. Shades of purples and blues, silver and a trim of green all laced together blast off leaving me in awe of what is happening to me.
It seemed that right then, every bit of everyone's DNA seeped outta' this little boy.
Better than a UT, more powerful than a UB (unbelievable blessing).
I saw GP, Great Papas (u), his Dad, my sons, his mom and even his Great Grandma (she is sooooo afraid of worms). His Nonnie shined brightly and I could hear her voice calling out to "show your Nonnie what you got" ...
It was a terrific experience.
I think while all this was going on, while I went blank on the phone, while he was giving his testimony, I climbed one more step.
This experience made me realize even deeper than I presently have,
that family is everywhere, all the time, everyday.
Just like Jesus.
With that revelation I made my climb and now rest in the heavenly stairwells of amelioration; awaiting GOD to bless me with another intimate walk on my Journey.
Birthdays have always been my favorite day.
Children and animals have always been a special part of me.
I am so grateful to GOD for His Humor, His Love and His Understanding with me.
Altho this journey isn't always a highlight of fireworks against the dark blue sky, nor the memory of warm sand between your toes all the time; it is an especially wonderful journey every day we rise to give God the glory!
Every day is a birth day to me.
No tellin' what GOD has Planned to come alive next.
Be prepared to climb.
Your StairMaster has a Great Plan and you are part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment