Tuesday, June 23, 2009

ac⋅count⋅a⋅bil⋅i⋅ty :

ac⋅count⋅a⋅bil⋅i⋅ty:
[uh-koun-tuh-bil-i-tee].
Webster defines it as: the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
Somehow I always confused it with "on account (of)", a happening of which I would undoubtedly, in the end, become responsible for.
Whether it was due process or accidental.
Over the years there have been more than one hard decision made in my Life.
I used to wonder if my Life had just been one continuous hard decision.
One continual, accountable, situation!
But fortunately, along the Journey, Jesus became my Teacher, my Savior and my Friend and I have come to know the Truth.
However, even with as much Joy as He has placed in my Life daily, I am still accountable.
Probably even more now than yesteryear.
Trial and error, while "decision-making" on my own eventually lead me directly to His Word.
His Unconditional Love and Guidance, the Work of the Holy Spirit and a great amount of patience, has now made "accountability" my friend.
I think twice before I speak.
I try to aim lower than higher which most of the time hit the bull's eye that way. I just plain -ol'- straight- out -give, rather than measuring how much I gave to how much I should take, this time around.
I'm learning about love.
LOVING ME!
(I take full accountability on that one!)
I am repentant for all that might have left me feeling accountable... if there is such a word.
I live with the knowledge GOD loves me.
He loved me first!
I pray actively.
Today, I ask God to let you realize that being held accountable does not necessarily have to be a bad thing.
When we meet, I want Him to say to me He is proud of what I am being held accountable for.
Got to go now, and take responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment