Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thursday

Good morning everybody!
After yesterday, I have to tell you the Lord woke me up with a new Spirit!
HALLELUJAH!
Even tho I had plans for last night,I just couldn't draft those folks into keeping company with me.
So I headed home, fought the traffic, picked up my meds, fought (literally) a fireman, called a cop, got a warning ticket, then proceeded to walk alone on my usual route down and around the beach.
By this time I didn't want to be social at all.
Absolutly no words, actions or excuses to be made...
In my walk to the beach I spotted another(?!), hawk.
His glide was angelic.
His soar was mighty.
He looked like Dad's hawk.
Soft browns and tans and streams of black between his wings.
He perched himself on the V of a tree and watched me watch him.
It was almost as if he was there to scold me, mold me and then to refold me.
I say, "he", because his spirit was definitely masculine.
Like my Daddy.
We played a game of hide and seek for about 15 minutes.
With the traffic silenced, I replayed the entire day in my head.
I smelled the maple in the leaves of the trees, the wet grass and the water.
I touched the sand and let it slide thru my fingers.
I closed my eyes while the wet sand squished between my toes.
I asked God to forgive me, control my bad attitude and renew my Spirit.
Initially, Hawky peered at me with disgust it seemed.
But as he flew off he seemed to leave me with a sense of letting go.
It seemed all that had held me down was now taking me away; deep in the clouds of fluffy white.
On my way home I found a penny.
Coins lost, then found by me, seem to be my confirmation God hears me.
That and the train.
After a brief warm shower I got dressed in my pretty new green dress, slipped on my flip flops, gathered up some grub and ventured off to Grass Island.
I decided it was best at this point to be by myself to regroup.
I managed to settle directly across the water from the park.
I found a rock perfect for viewing, eating and resting my mind.
I sat my lawn chair to the left of the rock and made a quaint table setting for one.
I do believe I heard the music louder and clearer than the audience who sat dead center on the grass.
The sound seemed to carry across the water, directly to my ear.
I sipped my green tea, and nibbled upon the cheese and crackers.
I ate left over Chinese,and scarfed down two Yodels with ease.
I dropped cherries, pit and all into my crystal filled glass.
By the end of the first set I was full and quite relaxed.
The evening moved on gracefully to many familiar tunes;
someTower of Power,James Brown, and even some Eagles tunes.
Sitting under a blanket of stars is beautiful.
It surely reminded me that GOD is huge.
So big.
But better than that;
He is so loving,forgiving and an integral part of our Journey!
Some days run smoothly some with the roughness of cement.
The weekend is close by.
Make sure you rest up and make the best of your time.
Do not get tired like me.
It only leads to aggravation.
Trust in the Lord for His Perfect Will for you.
Then enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment