Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Status Whoa

Today we walked to town during lunchtime.
Its a beautiful day and the sun is shining with a hint of summer breeze. Everything is green from the rain.
It is fresh smelling and there are new flowers everywhere.
I followed the red robins to the trees in our driveway.
The blue jays fight the robins; their colors diving in and out between the branches.
They challenge my squirrel for peanuts and make dinner out of the chipmunks.
The blue jays are mean.
This whole scene reminded me of this morning.
It was like a scene out of Hollywood.
Pretty maidens along with the custodians neat and crisp adorning aprons and matching uniforms, wiping and re- wiping the furniture, walls and windows.
The hors douveres strategically placed on the tables, linens crisp and white.
Folks running around demanding attention to everything!
Everything must be set and ready for the arriving guests.
Our guests remind me of the bluejays.
Abrupt and abrasive.
Unappreciative and borderline rude.
Ready to take over what little there is to share.
Our guests are the corporate BIG WIGS.
(I must GOOGLE that; bigwigs. )
I have come to find everyone is different.
Especially when it comes to culture and big wigs.
I have practiced my Guten Tag and Auf Wiedersehen and my Yo Koso over and over today.
I have learned to bend at the waist and no eye contact is correct.
But for the Life of me I cannot get it when it comes to superior -ism.
Yes, financially you may have more than I do.
Yes, you may be physically stronger.
You may have gone to school longer than I did.
But My GOD, My Living GOD loves me.
That puts me way high up, buddy.
Do you love Him?
With all due respect, from your actions, I surpassed you a long time ago.
(I win).
Sometimes I wish I could use some magic wand and cover folks with the joy of Jesus. It is such a great place to be...under the Blood of Jesus.
This morning my radio show spoke about our being Faithful and knowing that God gave His Son to take our sins. So there is no reason why NOW we should tarry to live in abundance and His wealth! He should be the Center of our lives.
When I greeted our guests this morning, I met them with HIS love in my heart. I was truly amazed at their ill behavior, especially with the status they hold amongst our peers. I will pray for them when I go to the Sanctuary today.
I will ask GOD to touch their hearts with His Love.
And the next time they visit, it will be more than evident, that God, is an Awesome God...

No comments:

Post a Comment