Monday, July 20, 2009

PROMISE

All weekend long I have been thinking about this particular word, PROMISE.
Webster refers to it as to pledge or vow.
It is often thought as when someone keeps their word, a covenant or agreement.
Its a declaration that something will or will not be done.
Expressed assurance; on which expectation is based.
It is the effect of an expressed assurance.
An indication of what may be expected, Blessed Assurance is how God refers to it.
His Promises...
The future excellence or achievement.
To make promised.
To make promise of something.
To assure.
To engage to join in marriage.
When someone promises you something, it is with (a) great Faith they implement this promise with.
It is an honor to have someone give their word and promise to you.
I was promised a peaceful day this weekend.
It certainly took valued time of which a great amount of prayer was placed into the promise sent, I am sure.
I had a great peaceful weekend.
Probably because I took that promise and planted it in the soil of my Journey.
If I hadn't read the text clearly, or listened to the words, I might have missed Gods blessing for me towards a promise for a peaceful day.
Promise is a strong word.
I will strive to be a promise to someone else as someone has gifted me the pleasure.
I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment