Friday, July 24, 2009

UP THE DOSAGE

...yeah, its the weekend.
My sons are at home and I am going to chill.
No parties, gigs, music events, theatre, shopping or sex.
OOPS too much info.
I am going to let me relax and maybe do some visiting with the Party Mom at the Resort For The Elderly.
Did I tell you how hard I laughed the other day in the rose garden?
You know those pink plastic pitchers they have in the hospital?
Well, Kay, she's 98? One of the older gurls...
While seated around the round picnic table, umbrella in tact, chairs, uh, wheelchairs facing North, sun shining...She's pouring WATER in each of their small Dixie (bathroom size) cups,
graciously asking if anyone would care for a refill.
What a pip!
I 'm busting up cause it reminds me of the night before
when I watched friends do SHOTS at the bar.
The gurls repeated this ritual until someone had to pee.
So, I may go with my sons to visit Grandma and friends and be entertained in some capacity.
But more so just to love my Mom while I can.
I miss my Dad and having my Mom out of the house is making me sad.
There is all so much going on in this part of my Journey.
Word to the wise:
Enjoy this day for we have no idea what tomorrow brings.
See you Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment