Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Feeling better

I have to say I haven't felt up to par lately
but I really thought it was just because I am on the go...
I guess I should slow down, Life is different now.
As my friend says, "We are on this side of Life now.."
So I guess I should relax a little more but, do still enjoy.
I got a (fake) tattoo. *said with singing voice*.
It's kinda kool.
It was kooler putting it on.
I went to hear music, twice.
I celebrated my neigbors birthday...dinner, red velvet cake and great homemade ice cream!
I sat back and cried at the time warp my gurl's friends are in.
Went to my gurls birthday party.
Nothing ever changes with her.
Except a few pounds and maybe switching up cigarettes.
(Geeez, who smokes any more?)
But this night I was looking around the room scoping out the peeps, diggin' the scene with my gansta' lean... OMG, where was I?
Somewhere in the way back there '80's, I think.
I hated the eighties.
But somehow those Tropical printed rayon Hawaiian looking boxed one pocket shirts were everywhere!
And all those big ol' ladies sized up to an 18...
Just because you didn't have to go to the Big Ladies Shop don't mean you have to show your bumpy knees.
I wore a cute lil sundress. Yes my Leave- it -to -Cleavage was astounding.
It brought on remarks about Wally and the Beaver but I did stay true to my best ChristianHeir image.
That's true to staying on this side of Life.
Give 'em what 'cha still got!
The music was all of Al Greenesce.
The food was high in cholesterol, the true lowdown of fat and the pulled pork was fought over.
There was even an announcement to not be so dang ghetto and remember everybody wanted to eat. Folks continued to respond nicely to me, cheering me on with old stories of our cheerleader days and past sweethearts.
One thing, our children are grown.
The are unfortunately following out our dreams and aspirations, making me wonder if I am too late.
I think this is just a down week and soon I will come around and thank GOD once more for where I am on this journey.
I have yet to find someone I would want to exchange with.
Be happy and know God loves you and so do I ...at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment