Monday, June 29, 2009

THESE LIL PIGGIES

One of the many chefs finally get to eat!


I didn't rain this weekend; first time in 20 or more days; so I guess it is safe or at least reason enough to say that is why I cried all weekend long.
I needed to replenish, I'll say.
To replenish the Earth or myself;
I am not sure.
But I do know that as constant as my walk with Jesus is, stuff still happens...stuff to make you cry, stuff to make you wonder, stuff to ease your pain, to touch your Spirit, stuff to clear your mind, to fill your void, to realize, and no matter what stuff took place in the past, loved ones will be missed.
I do think this happens because we need to be reminded where we are and how far we have come is why we are being tested to stand in Faith and Trust.
If ya' gets too comfortable; God will wake yo' booty up.
Tears help to remind you what you are crying for.
Such as clarity, freedom, wisdom, frustration, joy, heartbreak, happiness or just a plain ol' general cleansing.
But whatever your (personal) reason for tears, it is always good to know we all stand a perfect chance with God coming thru and cleaning up our mess, fixing our boo boos and Comforting our Spirit.
I do believe that joy comes in the morning,
that today is just what it is; TODAY.
That tears allow you to cleanse and then replenish your Spirit.
But for those of you who know me,
It is what it is.
I digress.

I couldn't have had a better time if I had planned it myself.
We did our traditional musician-fest and have now added celebrating for the graduating class of 2009. We partied (literally) til the cows came home (they have horses too) as we spent the day lounging on acreage that was truly indicative of God's Country. We ate the traditional hot dogs and hamburgers, all kind of salads and beans, real BBQ and once again this year, they roasted a pig.
We fought for the crispy seasoned skin of this pig, like little 8 year old boys!
We had a to -diet- for cheesecake; four tiers of fruits and cream, a fountain of drinks from a flowing ice- chipped cascade. There was every Italian dish imaginable, rice dishes and steamed vegetables at a BBQ!
We swam; DANG! those 18 year old bodies killed me! geez Louise, and I even started going to the gym! We played boccie ball, horseshoes, badminton, board games and danced to the sounds of some of the best known musicians I have heard in a very long time. I especially cried at the dedication of ballads sang in the memory of my Dad. Songs like Tenderly, April In Paris, Misty, Someone to Watch Over Me and my all time fav, Grover Washington's Winelight. Billy Joel's Don't Go Changing brought out all the harmony and with a superb rendition of Lou Rawls', You'll Never Find,
I was done.
Cried thru all of that too which isn't hard for me these days.
Maybe because they are not sad tears; just tears.
But today is a new day.
This [is] the day [which] the LORD hath made;
we will rejoice and be glad in it.
-Psalm 118:24

I will be glad and rejoice in thee:

I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High.
-Psalm 9:2

For the joy of the LORD is your strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment