Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Everybody loves somebody...

Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation;
and uphold me with thy free spirit. -Psalm 51:12

I walked into work this morning to the voice of our Facilities guy singing loudly, those famous words: "Everybody loves somebody sometimes".
I smiled and ceased walking, gently leaning into the corner of the doorway, mesmerized.
Dean Martin sang that song; Frank Sinatra also attempted to make it a hit.
But the way Joe sang it was beyond the two of them to me.
Maybe it was the timing of it all...
You know how someone can say something and another person say the same thing but it just, **CLICKS**???!!!
So,it clicked for me.
The thought of everyone loving someone else just resonated around the Universe to me.
Even if someone only loved just one person, wow.

I love my Mom.

Geez, I can't stand that you can' t hear me!

Maybe I should say, today, my mom is my LOVE of choice.
She broke her leg yesterday; while she was loving her plants.
I saw her this morning at the hospital.
She held my hand and gazed at me with question in her eyes.
I think I caught her at the point of "initial wake up".
That's when you have no idea where you are especially when you are first awakened.
Kinda like a brown out.
But she smiled at me, reached, and held my hand.
Touch is amazing.
There is a kind of rhythm to "touching".
Words are translated thru touch, in my opinion..
Emotions are effected by touch.
LOVE, anger, fear, passion, clarity, renewal, release, a calmness to name a few, can be a reflection of touching someone.
It can be a confirmation of sorts.
My daughter says my hands have a healing touch.
It felt that way to me this morning when my Mom held my hand.
Like she was healing me.
I got the chance to pray with Mommy this morning.
I got to thank GOD for His healing hand, His Touch.
I got to ask Him to bless those folks who are continually blessing me with their encouraging thoughts, words, and prayers.
Ideally, their touch.
Jesus is our Healer, Our Physician, Our Rock, Rose of Sharon, Provider, Lawyer and our everything, everywhere, all the time.
I am so grateful to God (today).
So grateful for those folks He has placed in my journey.
It touches my heart....

No comments:

Post a Comment