Tuesday, September 15, 2009

OLD

I am not sure what is going on in your corner but in my little space, well...
Literally, I have all my children at home with me.
It is a strange occurrence as I am expecting Dad to come in by 6pm and get his plate from the microwave.
The other night I found myself coming into the Living Room and telling my oldest two to "go to bed".
They are 31 and 25 years old.
I found myself face down in my pillow, weeping.
I think they are still little children of ours.
Their Dad suffers from the empty nest, I suffer from the fact that they are GROWN.
They buy their own cars, work their own job, raise their own children.
Dammit, the dog is even grown up.
Yesterday we had this discussion of if the dog gets reprimanded.
He's even old.
He doesn't anymore, except for maybe the few times when he talks back.
I have this strange feeling I am getting older.
I have this idea I am turning into an absolute Grandma.
Looks have nothing to do with it, which throws me off.
I am still attractive, work out to get that way but, nevertheless.
I am employed and I still can hang party wise.
But I feel OLD today.
I almost want to sit by the fire with my support, doggie at my feet, apple cider and a great book.
Don't get me wrong... I am grateful to GOD for all I have and by what ever way it comes to me.
I am just not sure what I am doing.
So then we get into the debate I had over dinner Friday night.
Is it our choice or is this GOD's (prepaid) Plan so just enjoy it?
Gotta talk to HIM 'bout this.
Check you out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment