Friday, September 25, 2009

Food for laughter

I gotta share this one with ya'.
My colleague lives between an African American family and a Puerto Rican family.
She has shared with me her interests in cooking, especially baking.
She bring all kinds of tarts and cookies, cakes and the Apple Crisp is to die for.
So her palate runs a wide range.
But today, I laughed til I cried as she described last night's events in the shared driveway.
She said the Black family was cooking up something from the way South, cooked in oil and very very pungent as she called it.
She is Cauacsian, not that that makes a difference, I am just setting the mood.
Well, that to me, translates into some deep grease fried fish, some sweet potatoes, maybe some greens or cabbage....real cornbread and buttermilk!
On the other side the Puerto Rican family was making some dish filled with the aroma of Sazon and garlic.
The Trinidadians across the street cooked tripe last weekend...
You had to see my gurls face as she tried her best to try to edit her way thru some International cooking magazine article.
I laughed so hard.
She truly has interest in these variety of foods but has no idea as where to start to enjoy them.
I told her, hehehe, with a fork, knife and spoon.
Good Eats folks,
See you Monday.
/CH

No comments:

Post a Comment