Monday, July 06, 2009

Nurse Rachett

This is the view from Grandma's Room.
Taken by Missy on her cell phone.
I got to play nurse this weekend.
Grandma still has a broken leg.
Nurses are in shortage and I was available for a shift.
It was invigorating being able to help someone again.
It has been a long time since I nurtured someone in that capacity.
She rested quietly and had a great appetite.
We laughed about male nurses and my Mamma's restrictions towards them with regard to a bath...
We ate turkey tettrozani (spellcheck won't even help me here) and carrots, drank diet gingerale like it was champagne and rested in between; giggling and snoring, dreaming and talking loud enough to wake up the entire ward.
I rolled my mamma's gray hair in pink rollers and washed her face with my favorite, a warm white washcloth.
I watched her doze in and out and it seemed at times she might have been conversing with my Dad.
She will go to rehab soon.
GOD is such an awesome God.
My Dad is buried right across the street from where she will have to reside for about 8 weeks.
I am sure as always, he will make everything alright with her.
and in a minute we will be reflecting on this like it was something that took place years ago...
In the meantime,
make each day yours and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment