Monday, July 06, 2009

Same same

I love Our Creator.
This holiday weekend was busy and trying at times but we made it!
Happy Monday to all of you.

As we traveled the highways and by ways this weekend, the Lord gave me such beautiful insight to so much.
If I digress during this blog, please forgive me.
But it is what it is, and if you know me, IT (IS) BEAUTIFUL!

First I got to sleep in on Friday!
(I am still wondering how they managed to beat us out of a paid day).
The banks and Post Office were open on Friday, here in my state.
Now I am here at work on Monday morning.
We have summer hours, which gives us half day Fridays so where did I get any holiday off?
The 4th of July was Saturday!
I digress.

However, the joy I am trying to convey came Saturday as we camped out near Lake Somewhere in upstate New York.
(I just go for the ride).
Most of the time I am aimlessly gazing out the window until I capture in my peripheral vision a beautiful deer, a herd of prairie dogs, or some hunk of a guy at the edge of the lake with a HUGE fish dangling off his fishing pole!
But the greenery looked awesome due to the rain this time.
The air was pure and some times made me breathe deep, inhaling the smells of lavender, pine and the water.
But where GOD stopped me this weekend was with all the people.
I love to watch folk.
Now don't get me wrong, I ain't peeping, I am recognizing.
Recognizing who they are, where they came from, what their purpose is.
How they relate to me.

It was almost dusk and we had pigged out all day.
BBQ's are getting so sophisticated.
Lobster, shellfish, steak, chicken and ribs...
Babies running around, teenagers trying to "act in love", Grandparents in awe of cell phones and technology at best.
Dominos, chess, GPS on a Blackberry?!!
It is more than amusing watching a brotha' navigate his gurl to a picnic spot.
Those 40 years olds kill me.

Still poplockin'; not as old as me but not 25 anymore either...
Lets take Junior for instance.
Drives an immaculate 2007 Caddy.
Champagne color, billion dollar paint job, beige interior, wood grain. Beautiful machine.
Matter of fact, its his wife.
Well, were setting off small fireworks and the kids are near his car.
I am still laughing and am sooooo sorry Chris Rock wasn't there to document it all.
He had told them twice, please don't sit on the car.
Now they had firecrackers near the car and he was loosing it.
Before I knew it the water hose was turned on and Junior was spraying folk like the riots in the 1950's!
I can't blog the profanity but I can say, the Lord had mercy on us all.
I am still laughing.
All of that to say how awesome GOD is in His Creation.
How different , but the same we all are.

I could blog all day for pages with testimony of folks I never met before Saturday, attesting to the difficulties of the economic change, parents getting older, or passing away, tuition, car troubles, misunderstandings, non communication but somehow in there GOD is all Powerful and despite what was really going on we were grateful for that moment and trusting HIS unconditional Love and Grace He has for us.
When the fireworks began, there came a silence over the park.
As the sky lit up the colors were ablaze.
Folks shouted in unison oooooh and aahhhh.
It was amazing to me that we all knew when to say which oooh and which aaah.....
We waited patiently for the finale.
The sky bursting into color.
The MOON full and competing with the background of the sky.
The sound loud but exciting.
Departure from the park was even more intriguing.
You would think there would be congestion and road rage.
But instead I found the middle aged helping the elderly.
Folks were carrying chairs and directing folks with a soft passionate hand.
We laughed and joked about climbing the hill to get to the top of the mountain.
Coming down the hill was easy!
But the joy I had was knowing we are all in this Journey together.
And no matter what it looks like, somebody else is going thru the same thing you are.
An GOD is watching over all of us.

A Song of degrees of David.
Behold, how good and how pleasant [it is]
for brethren to dwell together in unity!
Psalm 133:1


No comments:

Post a Comment