Wednesday, May 27, 2009

REST

Good morning.
I was in the midst of my meditation/prayer this morning when the word REST came to mind, vividly!
I juggled the thought in my mind that maybe it was because I am regrouping from the long weekend.
But as I have approached the job, many of my collegues are complaining of being sleepy; not tired, and needing to rest.


Most of the time we interrpret the word to mean relaxation.
To stop; to pause for a few moments.
To catch our breath.
We refer to rest as something we do before regaining momentum;
a pause in a (musical) measure.
The remaining amount; remainder...
The rest of the potato salad is on the table.
To lie against an object; I will rest my cane against the fence.
To be calm.

And he said,
My presence shall go [with thee], and I will give thee rest.
-Exodous 33:14
A final place of peace...

Today it is misting outside here on the North East section of the world.
There is a calmness that covers us.
The smaller creatures which inhabit our surroundings are home, snuggled in, probably eating the peanuts and granola left them over the weekend.
The leaves are droopy but a beautiful green.
The sky is a soft blue/grey with little sun shining thru.
It is a great day to read a good book, wrap a warm blanket, and enjoy the quiet with someone you love.

Take some time today to rest.
Rest within yourself.
Rest in the joys of Jesus.
Rest peacefully.
Goodnight.













No comments:

Post a Comment