Monday, May 04, 2009

The Fog

The fog has lifted, finally.
Figuratively and literally.

I hope this finds you all in a great Monday morning mood.

The weekend was actually fabulous despite the rain.
I actually thought of it as a cleansing, much of what I needed.
My thoughts had me going there for a moment.
I had to get back on track and thanks to my family and my support, as I will call him; I am on a roll!
I miss my Dad and as I stated in my last post, his birthday was Friday.

I am so suprised at who listens to my words.
My whining, my sorrow, my jokes and requests; my Dedeisms can be trying sometimes but folks are really there and contribute to my Life.
(Thank you GOD).
So, after work I was going to journey to the campgrounds (the cemetary) to drop off a HERSHEY bar to my Dad, hehhehe, he loved chocolate.
But my boss celebrated her birthday on Friday and knew how much my heart ached not having him around to celebrate with, and kept me after work to share a toast to him and a slice of cake!
Then my support calls and we journey to our favorite watering hole only to find a group of the best waiting to have dinner and share. We told Dad stories and laughed and cried, sipped a nice $100 bottle of wine, can't say the name to save my soul... but it tasted quite good. Ate like piggies and danced to the music! I especially enjoyed the company for they encouraged me....all night long. They reminded me of GOD's Promises, gently uplifting me in their thoughts and entrusting me to GOD arms for HIS further affection.
HE loves me, that, is so cool. So does my Dad.
We rode into the wee hours of the night, around several great bodies of water along the coastline. My Spirit longing for the quiet of the rain and the feel of the water against my skin.
The fog created a soft shelter, a peace within as well as out.
However, the fog has dual identity. A double menaing to me....
A kind of warm encompassing to my surroundings but a haziness to my mind since I still don't quite undertand some things.
In the midst of it all I did enjoy my Dad and the memories he gives me.
So today I leave you with the wiord BLESSED.
Because, that is what we are!
Hope you live in abundance and your blessings are many.
Thank you for all you thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment