Thursday, May 07, 2009

Geez,

I missed yesterdays entry because I wasn't feeling well.

But what is worse is I thought I left ya'll a message and the Word for the day!

(Don't get old).

Hmmmm...

Well today is another day and I trust God is still on the Throne because I am feeling much better.

Diabetes is a cruel disease.

It only takes a little stress for me to have my sugars go flying off the chart.

We lost another great Mom over the weekend and atho I wanted to express my saddness and pay my respects, well, I think it was too much for me.

As I joined my childhood friends, we realized WE are now the old folks, the grandparents and the ones who are watching the next generation in awe.


After services we journey down the street to the local bar.

The name is the TWO DOOR.

That ought to give you some indication of where we are located.

Somewhere between the Stumble Inn and the Dew Drop Inn, Haggerty's or McKenzie's; to name a few.

We are all seated around a table that holds about 12 people.

The men are at one end, Budweiser in hand, laid back, half can't hear any more, the other half bald, burpin' and fartin' talking about Crohn's disease, while us ladies sit up nicely, tucking our tushies to the back of the chair, one arm gently placed on the armrest, lipstick perfect, when my best gurl says as the bartender brings her onion rings..."Oh! I thought this was gonna be like a Bloomin' Onion????!!!! not a few separate onion rings."

The table goes silent.

The roar of laughter follows and EVERYONE says in unison:

"Bon, we're at the Two Door, not Outback".

The conversation begins.

We start reminscing about when we used to come to this very bar after a basketball game, a football game or just on Friday nights! The pool table was in the center of the room, the CHICKAHOMINY sign was hanging over the door. Bar room brawls seemed to take place more than none by the same few sitting at the end of the table, hehehe...
Now, the bartender is one of our grandkids! Who allows him stay up til closing?
Oh, how we remember.
Such a wonderful Life we live.
Its kinda late today for a word but if I had one it would be DIVINE, because that is what HE is.

No comments:

Post a Comment