Thursday, November 05, 2009

Chef Ninja


Now that I have stop laughing I can come to you seriously.
Tyler is a self appointed FOOD CRITIC.
He is the connoisseur.
The tasty palate.
A rich and sweet chocolate bunny, uh Ninja.
I laughed yesterday as I barged in from my 3 mile walk, haha, Three Mile High, oops, cut -it-out. Those fiery jokes aren't even funny...
I digress.
But if you know me, I was fired up oops there we go again... with the walk I had made!
As soon as I entered, the Lil Chef greets me with, "Mimi can I have those chocolate chip cookies
on the counter?
" Whoa," I remarked.
I haven't even got in the door yet.
WHOA....Scrrrrrrrech, FLASHBACK.
Dad enters.
Front door closes.
It's Daytime Savings dark.
Suit jacket on the chair, quick kisses to all and the opening of the lid to something brewing, stewing or gross for dinner. I'm so sorry I couldn't cook as well as he does.
Oh well. Our Chef Grandson will do enough for the both of us!
Slight pause.
I mill around and wait for my turn to talk as the bigger ones are rummaging thru costume (FAKE) real fake, jewelry.
Eric pops a HUGE (what even looks like a fake CZ) in his ear.
"Wow", I state calmly.
"Are those real?"
"No,", he says," but they're my Mom's".
Now, we all know if they belong to Mom, they gots to be real.
*** thought going thru my brain***
Really fake. sarcastic chuckle
Again, I digress.
SO, now it becomes my turn and in between divvying up some Chicken Parm and tort to to lini's as the Chef calls them, I review my last hourly stride.
The crew gobbles down dinner and I continue talking, oooohing and ahhhing about my accomplishments, sparing them no pain from this hardly interesting, dramatization.
In the midst my stubby, little pudgy, sweet one dashes in front of his brother destined to get to those cookies before any one else.
"Have the cookie! Kai", I shout.
That neatly foiled tied, see thru cellophane was in shreds and that cookie was in the his mouth before you could say chocolate chip, when Ked jumps to the floor with laughter!
She's hysterical.
"Mamma if you could have seen his face..."
"That's nasty" he claims.
Nasty?
This was the Food Chef talking.
Frowning, spitting, cancelling out the delicacies I had brought home from my workplace!
"Was it in her car?" Kris asks.
The laughter breaks out even harder.
(Inside joke)
So go ahead...Call Dad.
In the meantime, I am gonna be checking out the new edition of BON APPETIT.
Can't ever be too prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment