Wednesday, October 21, 2009

quick giggles

Overheard from the 12 year old grandkids:
I am not sure if this was locker room talk or just a bad translation from the younger population.
I'll refer to them as the Millieum Kids.
I am sure my then husband can relate also as we have pre -millieum kids.
So we know the best of both worlds.
Hmmmm. Come to think of it... last night I text ed him a shot of the youngest grandson sleeping. He was tucked comfortably in between the blankets, gently a hold of Pastor Scooter, the stuffed animal he loves so much. His little face was angelic and he was resting so peacefully. It is hard to believe when he is awake he is busting out condoms and riding Mary Gets Around til he gets sick dizzy. But...
I digress.
So, these two teenagers are talking about Life.
Not even 12 years into the journey they have the majority of it a** backwards and think they know it all.
Question. What is all? At 55 years old I am not sure what all is yet.
Anyhow, the BigOne says:
"Mom, Someone told me I am a bastard.
They said I was a bastard because you and Dad don't live together.
Mind you, this is 2009.
How many married couples do YOU know?
Plus "Dad" these days usually doesn't live at home.
All of this is sad to say but there is love and laughter at the end of this segment.
So she, pauses, stutters , questions her answers in her mind and he impatiently says,
"Well, if I am a bastard, how do I stop being one."
Priceless.
All the while the second BigOne strokes the other one's ego while remarking of these complexed situations they are all facing together...
He says:
"Well, I hear if you get child support you have it in an account.
Maybe I can get $200.00 out of it for a IPOD.
Yeah, Life has changed a bit.
We are experiencing separation in our circle right now.
Everyone grieves differently.
Altho I must say it is challenging, I can promise you GOD still hears our pleas, and thank yous. (That was a funny! Go ahead, laugh.)
Keep praying, laughing and remember tomorrow, if it comes, will be different.
I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment