Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Lightning





I forgot to tell you about the HUGE thunderstorm the other night. Probably cause my sugar went low and the ability to focus and comprehend diminished....
But I am back to normal as well as normal can be for me.
It is what it is...
I digress.

Let me tell you, the sky opened up to the Heavens.
I have never seen rain come down so beautifully.
I am still squeezing water out of my purse.
But what caught me is the sound, yes the sound....
It was such a cloudburst and the thunder was raging and the lightning lit up the sky, but it was quiet in the same breath.
It was eerie I guess.
Everyone scrunched under a small tent, looking, watching the sky.
It's intriguing to me to see how folks come into their roles during such times.
The Dad's became stronger and leaders.
The Moms with or without children present, became nurturers.
The kid, who was just seeking out the prettiest babe on the Ferris wheel now had the look of terror in his eyes.
She, worried her mascara would run in all this wet; never considering this might have just been a hurricane.
I looked to the sky and repeated again in my prayerful voice:
"I look to the sky from whence my help comes..."
Oh! How I love Nature.
I think She is Mrs. God.



No comments:

Post a Comment