Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Words.
How I love them.
Since I have started this blog I have tried to learn a new word each day.

For years, I have been the Happy Thrift Shopper, roaming from state to state, Goodwill to Salvation Army.
In my latest travels I acquired a slew of books from spelling to word puzzles...my Dad loved word puzzles, JUMBLES, etc.
Also in the findings was a book prepping one for the SATs. Simply Divine this one is! All the big words one can read up on... for a while. But in the midst of all of this, I have come to know, (yes , knowledge), that hearing is so important.
As well as sight, to get the most out of words.
Take for instance:
I heard on the radio (which lead me to the contents of today's blog) a song which contained this phrase:
Jesus is my sun sunlight and my rain....
When I heard the music, my mind, said this:
Jesus is my Son Light and my Reign.
How the entire meaning can change with so little effort.
I was thinking about how descriptive "Salvation Army" is.
An army waiting to save you...
My daughter and have sat for hours discussing allegories, wellerisms, metaphors, etc.
I always found synonyms, homonyms and what's the other one?!!! fascinating.
Today's blog might be out there for some of you, and I apologize if it is.
But for me, it never ceases (seizes) to amaze me; the English language.

Today's word is:
LOQUACIOUS.
That would be me.

LOVE.
That would be for all of you.



No comments:

Post a Comment