Friday, June 12, 2009

Humidity

WHEW!
The weather is scary these days.
Lots of rain, thunder storms and fog.
But today the humidity is 100%!
I laugh cause my Dad used to refer to it phonectically, as, huma~dity.
Yes, he was a pip!
He would wipe his brow and put his handkerchief in his back pocket and blow a puff of air out, as a sigh of relief.
I miss those silly things he used to do.
Wearing a woman's wig, telling the same stories over and over again, calling folks outta their name...
"Them *$&&#!~~'s".
I am almost SOLD to the fact it musta been the era as my other Dad made references to the "monkeys" when he needed to be explicit.
Regardless of their need to label one's actions or the state of being at that particular time, (that's usually when those words rolled of 'dey tongue like music)
I love them both for all they knew and taught me.
These were two knowledgeable men.
Hard working individuals, successful individuals, loving husbands and Fathers. Real men.
Born 4 months apart in age. Hmmmmm....
So if the humidity is high today, I do not complain.
I lift my hands to the sky, and from the depths of my belly sing praises;
shout HALLELUJAH
then trust GOD will let them both know, I miss them.
...but that don't mean I will ever forget them.
Geez, its hot.
Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment